Dec 06 2021
Holly Bush Candy Recipe
One of the most fun parts of the new update has been getting to see Leif any time we want. And we’re lucky because he’s always eager to show us the new little seeds and starts that he has. This season, the Holly Bush is the one that we get to enjoy most, which is perfect because it really pops against that winter snowfall!
But the Holly Bush isn’t just for winter islands. Now, you can make a delicious snack that looks just like the beautiful Holly Bush and will brighten your seasonal dessert trays all winter long.
½ cup (1 stick or 110g) of butter
1 bag (450g or 12 oz) of marshmallows - mini or large size both work fine
4 cups (100g) of cornflake cereal - adjust as needed, up to 6 cups
Green food colouring - dark green looks nicest, but any green will work
Small red candies - we like to use Red Hot cinnamon candies, but any tiny red candies will do
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Once the butter has melted, stir in marshmallows and continue stirring constantly until the marshmallows have completely melted.
- Stir in green food colouring until you’ve achieved the desired colour.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in corn flakes, coating them in the marshmallow mixture.
- Drop green mixture onto parchment by the spoonful to cool, adding red candies - 3 on each treat - while they’re still warm and sticky.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
These simple treats have all of the flavour of Rice Krispie Treats or other delicious cereal bar snacks, but with a perfect seasonal style. Any friend who loves Leif will love these adorable treats. They’re certainly Leif-approved! Just remember, you gotta do what makes you happy.
All month long, we’re sharing our favourite tips for getting ready for Toy Day. Don’t forget to stop by our Instagram - @thecrossingboard - or our Twitter - @crossingboard - to see what’s happening on our #TCBToyDayTimer.