Aug 10 2021
CJ's O-fish-al Snack Mix
Hey, seasports fan! CJ here, coming at you live from The Crossing Board. Summer is o-fish-ally coming to a close soon here in the Northern Hemisphere, and I’ve been doing fishing challenges left and right to keep my viewers happy. Nyuk! One of the best ways to stay on your game when you’re angling for a snack is to make this fishy popcorn mix, fishonista. It’s easier than reeling in an Ocean Sunfish, that’s for sure.
Most recipes have exact measurements to keep you from going overboard, but for this recipe, measure with your heart. Sound good?
For this super easy and delicious treat, you will need:
Fish-shaped snacks (sweet or savoury)
Blue food dye
- Start by popping some popcorn. Once it’s popped, spread it out on a baking sheet.
- Next, add several handfuls of your favorite fish snacks. Do you have salty fish crackers like Goldfish available in your country? Toss those in! What about sweet fish gummies like Haribo Freaky Fish or Swedish Fish snacks? Onto the popcorn it goes.
- When you’ve completed that, take a generous amount of white chocolate chips and melt them either in the microwave or over a double boiler (with adult supervision).
- Add a couple of drops of blue food colouring and stir to give it a delightful ocean feel, got it, sport? Nyuk nyuk!
- Pour the white chocolate over the entire mixture and shake some rainbow sprinkles over the surface like Fish Bait.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill and harden, then break into bite-sized pieces and share with all of your fishing partners, either during the next fishing tourney or on your next real-life fishing adventure.
Signing off now, angler!